- Never Felt This Way Hat, ModCloth, $24.99. This is a very versatile hat that will dress up any outfit.
- Printed Chiffon Skirt, Free People, $78. I love the sheer floral print of this maxi skirt. It’s great for summer.
- Floribunda Terrain Floral Dress, Lulu’s, $38. This flirty frock is a romantic piece to wear when the weather turns warm.
- Winter Kate by Nicole Richie Passenger Dress in Hibiscus Floral, Singer 22, $285. This is my splurge item of the week. I love how the red pops against Nicole’s skin. This dress is definitely lust worthy.
- Vintage Red Quilt Bag, ModCloth, $29.99. How amazing is this bag? You need to be on your toes for the vintage bag finds at ModCloth. They are so gorgeous and get scooped up fast!
Friday, April 29, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
One of my favorite trends popping up lately is feather hair extensions. Feather extensions add an edgy, playful vibe to your hairdo and can be pretty easily hidden in your hair (for those of you with office jobs). The cost to get these done in the salon can be expensive, however I’ve found the next best thing to salon extensions: do-it-yourself kits. At home kits are super easy and extremely affordable. I also found great step-by-step instructions at The Ambitious Procrastinator.
- Pink 7 feather Hair Extensions, Etsy, $20. From Etsy shop Futska, these salon grade extensions with link clamp are a great deal for the price. With pinks, creams, whites, borwns, blacks, and grays, the feather variety offered is super versatile and with an installation video given on request, this is a perfect at home kit.
- Feather Hair Extensions, Etsy, $25. For $25 you get 5 feathers and 5 Silicone crimp beads. All you have to do is get a pair of crimp pliers and you’ll be able to do these on your own.
- Feather Hair Clips, Etsy, $12. Hair clips are another option for adding feathers to your hair. These clips are reusable making them a funky item you can keep around for a long time.
- Feather Hair Clips, Singer22, $57. Singer22 offers a hair clip with a great selection of feathers. This, again, offers an easy do-it-yourself method.
Friday, April 22, 2011
From Fedora’s and gold jewelry to flirty dress and maxi skirts, the celebs at Coachella were sporting some amazing clothing and accessories. I thought I would put together my 5 favorite items (some looks for less) in my Friday 5 Favorite Things.
- Gold Snake Armband, Shock Boutique, $18. An armband similar to this was seen on Vanessa Hudgens at Coachella. I love the edginess and uniqueness of this piece.
- Straw Fedora, Sierra Trading Post, $9.06 (On Sale from $12.95). Diane Kruger outfit was simple chic this year, and her hat added the perfect touch to complete her look. This hat is so similar and the price can’t be beat.
- American Flag Tank, $45.00, TopShop. Kate Bosworth looked super patriotic this time around at Coachella with her American Flag tank. This top looks great paired with white shorts.
- Long Maxi Skirt, Zara, $99.00. Another item worn by Diane Kruger was this creased brown skirt. Paired with a black tank, this outfit was effortlessly chic.
- JJ Winters Mini Fringe Bag, Revolve Clothing, $165. Save 15% using code Tulip (exp. unknown). Vanessa Hudgens was spotted sporting around this leather and suede fringe purse. This is a great accessory to add to your lineup this summer.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Pipelime is offering $10 off a purchase of $100 or more, $25 off a purchase of $150 or more, and $40 off a purchase of $200. Use coupon code MORE2SAVE. Offer ends after today.
Some of my picks:
Kenneth Cole Cuff Bracelet, $38.00
Jessica Simpson Dany Sandal, $98
Monday, April 18, 2011
- Silky Tiered Dress, Urban Outfitters, $69
- Purple Scarf, New York & Company, $16.95
- Chain Fringe Bag, Free People, $68
- Brown Belt, Piperlime, $24
- Gold Bangles, Forever 21, $6.80
- Brown Cowboy Boots, Famous Footwear, $40 (On Sale From $79.99)
- Steve Madden Sunglasses, Macy’s, $24,99 (On Sale From $34.00)
Friday, April 15, 2011
- Garren Sandal, Blowfish Shoes, $49 (Was $59.00). Save an additional 15% off with code BF010. This is a great platform sandal for that 70’s trend. Pair with a dress or a pair of flare jeans and you’ll be set!
- Cool Cisterns Navy Blue Maxi Dress, LuLu’s, $48. Save an additional 15% off with code myspace. This is just about the most adorable maxi dress I have seen all season. It is currently sold out, which is killing me, but you can bet I’ll be checking back regularly for when it’s back in stock.
- Floppy Hat, Alloy, $19.90. Save an additional 15% off using code 15RMNJA. A straw hat is a must this summer. This is the perfect budget friendly one to add to your wardrobe.
- Python Clutch, Melie Bianco, $57. Save an additional 25% off using code MB25. This snakeskin clutch with bamboo, chain, and fringe details is the perfect purse to accessorize your summer wardrobe with. I love both the green and natural colors. I couldn’t pick just one.
- Pendant Necklace, Theodora & Callum, $185. This is my splurge item of the week. I'm a sucker for pendant necklaces and just couldn't resist this necklace when I saw it on Purse n' Boots' Planet Blue lookbook preview.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
- Coachella Chain Necklace/Bracelet, JewelMint, $24.99 using coupon code Coachella5 (Normally $29.99). This necklace/bracelet is a perfect versatile piece to add a little bohemian touch to your wardrobe. It’s almost sold out, so go get it fast.
- Maxi Skirt/Dress, Delia’s, $44.50. Get free shipping on orders over $25 with coupon code RMNTJD or get 15% off using code 15RMNJD. Every girl needs a maxi dress or skirt while braving the desert heat. This skirt/dress is the perfect combination giving you the best of both worlds. What’s best is this skirt could easily pass for more expensive brand alternatives. For only $44.50? Yes, please!
- Suede Fringe Bag, Urban Outfitters, $59. Take an additional 10% off at checkout using code THEMUSICISSUE (Exp. 5/8/11). Of course no music loving fashionista’s look is complete without a fringe bag. Crossbody bags are so in right now, so what would be better than this suede fringe bag from Urban Outfitters?
- Fringe Sandal, American Eagle, $29.95 (Was $39.50). With the fringe detail, these sandals will keep you comfy and help you achieve that bohemian look that is oh-so-popular at Coachella.
- Denim Cutoff Shorts, American Eagle, $24.95 (Was $36.50). Of course nothing is more effortless than a tank and cutoff shorts. These are a perfect pair and the price can’t really be beat.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Hi GorJess For Less Fans!
This is Cara from A Fashion Love Affair posting today as Jessica's Guest Blogger. Spring is here which means Summer is fast approaching, so I thought I would share my Spring & Summer Essentials with you today...the things I just can't live without when it starts to warm up!
1. Bikini (Fashiolista)
2. Fringe Purge (Free People)
3. Platform Heels (Jessica Simpson Dany's)
4. Flip Flops (Havaianas)
5. Cuff (Free People)
6. Nail Polish (Essie in Need A Vacation)
7. Maxi Dress (Thomas Wylde-Net-A-Porter)
8. Sun Hat (Free People)
9. Sunglasses (Chloe)
10. Statement Ring (A Peace Treaty)
11. SPF Lip Gloss (Kiehls)
12. Surf Spray (Bumble and Bumble)
13. Bangle (Low Luv, Erin Wasson-Shopbop)
Have a wonderful day, and a big thank you to Jessica for having me as a guest on her fabulous blog!
Friday, April 8, 2011
- Nars Bronzer in Leguna, Sephora, $33. This brown-based bronzer with gold shimmer helps create a glowing, tanned skin look.
- Nars Orgasm Blush, Sephora, $27. This pinky-peach blush subtly highlights the face with gold shimmer accents and helps create a healthy flush. This shade is universally flattering and is one of the most popular selling colors.
- Nars Illuminator, Sephora, $29. This illuminator is a relatively new product. I just tried it and like it better than my Stila illuminator. The Laguna color works really well to hydrate skin and create a dewy, flushed look and it is also really pretty in the Orgasm color.
- Rosebud Salve, Sephora, $6. This salve is amazing at moisturizing and healing dry, cracked lips. It also works amazingly well at hydrating knees, elbows, and cuticles, and claims to help with diaper rash! It’s a an affordable, multitasking dream!
- Sally Hansen Salon Effects, Local Drugstore, $12.99. I am one of those people who normally does not paint my finger nails due to the long drying time and the peeling and chipping that occurs almost instantly. These are a time saving miracle. They just stick onto the nail and then need to be filed down. Super easy and they last a long time without the cracking, peeling, chipping, or mess that normal nail polish creates.