- Nars Bronzer in Leguna, Sephora, $33. This brown-based bronzer with gold shimmer helps create a glowing, tanned skin look.
- Nars Orgasm Blush, Sephora, $27. This pinky-peach blush subtly highlights the face with gold shimmer accents and helps create a healthy flush. This shade is universally flattering and is one of the most popular selling colors.
- Nars Illuminator, Sephora, $29. This illuminator is a relatively new product. I just tried it and like it better than my Stila illuminator. The Laguna color works really well to hydrate skin and create a dewy, flushed look and it is also really pretty in the Orgasm color.
- Rosebud Salve, Sephora, $6. This salve is amazing at moisturizing and healing dry, cracked lips. It also works amazingly well at hydrating knees, elbows, and cuticles, and claims to help with diaper rash! It’s a an affordable, multitasking dream!
- Sally Hansen Salon Effects, Local Drugstore, $12.99. I am one of those people who normally does not paint my finger nails due to the long drying time and the peeling and chipping that occurs almost instantly. These are a time saving miracle. They just stick onto the nail and then need to be filed down. Super easy and they last a long time without the cracking, peeling, chipping, or mess that normal nail polish creates.
Friday, April 8, 2011
5 Favorite Things Friday–Beauty Edition
With summer coming up, I am breaking out some of my favorite warm weather beauty items. My go to products in the summer usually are bright and fun and I love using make-up that helps create that dewy, sun kissed look. After-all, the point is to use items that help enhance skin without making it look too made-up. My top 5 are as follows: